In order to purchase through our website, you will be requested to provide your personal details, in particular, your real name, billing address, shipping address, mobile phone number and e-mail address. Furthermore, you will be required to provide payment details. By entering your payment details, you warrant that you are the authorised account holder and that the payment details you provide on ordering are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing information provided. You shall comply with our Terms and Conditions, Policies and Guidelines at all times.
Our privacy commitment
New Living Australia is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We manage your personal information in an open and transparent way.
New Living Australia will only use your personal information when it is necessary for us to deliver you a service or perform other necessary business functions and activities.
New Living Australia will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes unrelated to our business activities and the services we provide, unless we first obtain your consent.
Our privacy obligations
New Living Australia is bound by the requirements of this act, which regulates how we may collect, use, disclose and store your personal information. These laws also specify how individuals may access and correct information held about them.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identifiable individual (or an individual who is reasonably identifiable), whether true or not, or recorded in a material form or not. For example, this type of information could include your name, contact details, age and address.
We may review this policy from time to time and will notify you of any changes by posting an updated version on our website. Your use of our website following any updates constitutes acceptance of this policy as amended. We recommend you regularly review the policy when you visit our website.
Collection of use of your Personal Information
New Living Australia will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
It is New Living Australia’s usual practice to collect information directly from you when you:
- become a New Living Australia customer;
- register with any of our other marketing programs;
- place an order with us or complete any online form on our website or online payment gateways;
- establish an account;
- visit or use an New Living Australia website, including any forums, (this may include the address of your Internet service provider, the name of the web page directing you and your clicks and activity on our website);
- subscribe to marketing and sales material or communications;
- complete an online form on one of our social media channels (for example, Facebook);
- complete a survey;
- enter a trade promotion or competition;
- register a gift card;
- complete an online form on one of our online advertisements that is placed on a third party website;
- complete a hard copy form or provide information in one of our stores;
- complete and return to us a hard copy form that is provided with one of our products;
- request delivery of products;
- make a purchase, return or exchange a product where we request you to verify your identity;
- provide feedback via e-mail, chat or social media; or
- contact us via mail, e-mail or online.
We will not collect information about you from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection, or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way.
Where we can, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. For example, if you wish to review a product or make a comment about our service, you are able to do this anonymously.
However, in some circumstances, New Living Australia may need to collect your personal information to provide you with a delivery or other service. In some cases, if you do not provide the required personal information we will not be able to provide you with that service.
If we receive information about you from a third party and it is not information we need in respect of our business activities, we will destroy or de-identify that information (provided it is lawful to do so). If we receive information in error (e.g. via social media) we will act promptly to remove the content.
Personal Information Collected
Any personal information that you provide via our website or email is collected and managed by New Living Australia.
New Living Australia does not intend (intentionally) on providing any of your personal information to third parties.
The types of personal information New Living Australia may collect includes your:
- Date of birth;
- Marital status and family details
- Residential, Business and Postal Address;
- Email address;
- Password for online access;
- Testimonials or Opinions;
- Financial information, such as PayPal account details;
- Written contact with New Living Australia, including email messages; and
- Information relating to your access to our website;
Whilst you may opt not to provide us with your personal information, you should be aware that without this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with some of the services and/or products you are seeking.
If you provide us with information about any third party, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them that you have given the information to us.
How does New Living Australia use your personal information?
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons including to:
- Provide services and products to you;
- Send you an abandoned online shopping cart or ‘shopping bag reminder email’;
- Answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you;
- Tell you about other products that we think may be of interest to you;
- Maintain and improve customer services;
- Manage your gift card balance;
- Meet our legal obligations;
- Manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial complaints and issues;
- Carry out internal functions including training; and
- Conduct marketing research and analysis.
In what circumstances will New Living Australia disclose your personal information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information.
We only disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
We do not give it to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told (by this Policy or by other means), that your information is passed to those individuals, businesses or agencies; or
- the disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If we engage third party agents or contractors, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they do not breach privacy requirements in relation to the information, before we share your personal information with them.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another New Living Australia business or entity;
- to companies that perform services on our behalf such as printers, post suppliers, delivery companies, data entry service providers, trade promotion or gift card administration, account management providers, IT companies that manage and maintain our database, survey companies acting on our behalf and digital marketing agencies (for the purposes of targeting on social media);
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- organisations authorised by New Living Australia to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
We are committed to compliance with all laws and requirements relating to the use of your personal information. We will only use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your information for that purpose (and you would expect us to use the information for that purpose), or if you have provided consent for your information to be used in this way (for example, though a catalogue, email or direct mail permission).
When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email, SMS/text message or social media message.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications (also known as ‘opting-out’); and
- comply with your request to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable timeframe.
You subscribe to promotional and marketing email communications by registering for My Account here [https://www.New Living Australia.com/my account] or in the form contained in the footer of any page on the website or in a pop-up form provided on our home page.
By subscribing to our email, you consent to receiving emails which promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any promotional or marketing email received from us or by calling us on 07 5452 6606 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use email open and click tracking including cookies for us to get a better understanding of which email communications are of most interest to you so we can provide you with a better experience by sending relevant and interesting email communications.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities or our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you.
Remarketing with Google Analytics and Others
We may use Remarketing through Google Analytics and other third party providers to advertise online by delivering New Living Australia ad content to you which is specifically targeted to your interests based on your visits to our website. Third-party vendors, including Google may show New Living Australia ads on sites across the Internet.
New Living Australia website visitors who wish to opt out of Google Analytics may do so by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Does New Living Australia disclose your personal information to overseas recipients?
Your personal information may be disclosed to New Living Australia’s service providers in Australia and overseas.
Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to process sales, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these services are hosted overseas.
Your personal information may be stored in a secure and encrypted form overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us (or by third parties on New Living Australia’s behalf).
Use of Government Identifiers
New Living Australia will not use Government Identifiers, such as a driver’s licence number as its own identifier of individuals.
Data quality and Security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use secure servers, and industry standard data encryption whenever we are receiving or transferring your personal information online. However, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to us.
The personal information that we collect about you is stored on our database servers and filing systems managed by New Living Australia.
If you request for us to do so, we will note your customer record as ‘deleted’, which means it will not be used for any purpose (such as marketing). However, your customer name and number will still remain in our database as it will be attached to historical transactions.
Our websites are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet. We take website and credit card security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online transactions.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities secured by the latest in surveillance and security technology. When we transmit sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol located generally either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. If it appears, then SSL is active. You can double check this by looking at the URL as well. If SSL is active, then the first characters of that line will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http’. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting our websites especially if you accessed them from a shared computer.
Links to third party sites
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of those third-party websites.
No links may be made to our website without our prior written consent.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You are able to make changes to your personal information via our website or by contacting us. You can also request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time (online or over the phone.)
If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
You will not be charged for accessing your information, although we might have to charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
If you believe that your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please amend via the website, contact us via email to email@example.com or address your request to The Privacy Officer, New Living Australia Limited, PO Box 5629, Maroochydore QLD 4558, Australia and we will correct this information.
How you can notify us of a privacy concern or contact our Privacy Officer
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about the way in which your personal information has been collected or handled by New Living Australia; or would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Please write to:
New Living Australia
P.O Box 5629
Maroochydore QLD 4558
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, please contact:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any queries regarding shopping with newlivingaustralia.com.au, please email firstname.lastname@example.org