Use of Social Media
New Living Australia uses social media to market its products and services, including without limitation:
- Online competitions and promotions;
- Blogs; and
- Other interactive features/applications, as determined by New Living Australia.
Where New Living Australia does utilise social media, we will provide clear information to you about intended use of the media, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any social media links provided on our website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of any Social Media linked to our website by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use social Media that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any social media should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate a type of social media, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our website, and to any social media associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
By submitting each contribution to our website or associated social media, you confirm that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- you are at least 18 years old;
- your contribution is accurate (where it states facts);
- your contribution is genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- your contribution complies with applicable law in Australia and in any country from which it is posted; and
- use of your contribution does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
Your contributions must not:
- contain any material which is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any person;
- promote violence or discrimination or any illegal activity;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; and
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Use of contributions
All contributions that you submit may be used at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change, condense or delete any content on our website that we deem, in our sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provision of this policy. We do not guarantee to you that you will have any recourse through us to edit or delete any content you have submitted. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days. However, we reserve the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not us, will be responsible for the contents of your contribution. None of the contributions that you submit will be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of us, our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such contributions and/or incorporate such contributions into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.